Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Little Girls

Three years ago this month I was getting ready to take my oldest to the 6th grade - Middle School. As I pulled up to the curb of the school, we said our love yous and she steps out of the car. I begin to drive away and she keeps walking, not looking back. I continue to drive away while watching my baby all grown up and going to big school. I pulled to the end of the school drive and I break down and begin to weep. CRAZY!!!

Well, not really. If we would look back and realize where we have been. Oh, I forgot to mention - SHE'S IN HIGH SCHOOL NOW! Well, it was not going
to happen to me again this time. I had my wife take her the first day of school - manly! But, I took her the second day. It wasn't bad. I drove up behind the other cars and said ok. She speaks at me with disgust and states - NOT HERE, OVER THERE! (Because any wrong move and you will die a thousand deaths - oh i hated that feeling when I was that age). I said "ok-ok, I am just trying to help and you hate me"! She laughs and tells me she loves me - as I see the vehicle in front of us dropping off this nice looking young man - and then my beautiful young lady walking in beside this older nice looking young man. Lord, I really do not want to do this, please! Being parents and raising children - who knew? God, you think they were going to war.

It was just yesterday that we were discussing when she would get her period; and then boobs, and then the sex talk. I really cannot put that in writing. But, we made it through each discussion and trial. Now, high school. I'm reminded of the verse "For struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of the is dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" Ephesians 6:12.

The first day of school was ok, I guess. I had the "just say no" talk. I explained that God, church, religion never did me any good in school either. However understanding the truth does help. I was so confused I hardly remember yesterday. But as I gave examples of myself in school and making good decisions I realized as I talked with my little big girl that Satan's job is to steal, kill and destroy and Jesus comes to give life (John 10:10); it's a choice. Which one will you choose.

Well the little sister got to fifth grade and loving it! We were almost late, which she will remind me of for the rest of her life - but that's another story.

Please enjoy the videos. Rascal Flatt's song "My Wish" is nice when I think of my children.

Please scroll down to enjoy more pictures.

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it" Proverbs 21:6 - Well, what about her (she)? LOL

2 comments:

  1. Whats with us big weepy parents? I also posted a tear jerker video yesterday. I am loving your blog, honey. We both have kids in high school we need to support in some big time prayer. She is a lover of the underdog. She has a big heart beneath her teenage "eye rolling" self. I am loving watching her grow into a lovely young lady. My son needs dedication to his studies being his senior year is in jeopardy otherwise. So far 2 days behind us and he's DONE his homework in our presence...yahoo. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey i wanted to cry taking Chelsea in to 5th grade. I can't believe our kids are growing up so fast. Im selfish i want them to stay little! It's so scary now Middle school High school i know what i did and that was 20yrs ago. We just got to love them and put them in Gods hands everyday. I love the pictures. Deanna and her BIG hair LOL! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete