Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rescue

Redemption
–noun
1. an act of redeeming or the state of being redeemed.
2. deliverance; rescue.
3. Theology. deliverance from sin; salvation.
4. atonement for guilt.
5. repurchase, as of something sold.
6. paying off, as of a mortgage, bond, or note.
7. recovery by payment, as of something pledged.
8. conversion of paper money into specie.

I like number 7 - recovery of payment, as of something pledged. It never seizes to amaze me how God's love and mercy surpasses all understanding, enough to die a cruel death to save me.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus". Philippians 4:7

Now, we take up our time asking, Why God this and Why God that and what if I didn't have this struggle and what it my life was different. Or, we could understand that God's ways are not our ways and everyone has a struggle and everyone has a need for a savior.

I remember the night I wanted to end my pay through suicide. It wasn't that I really wanted to kill myself, not because I'm allergic to pain, but because I just wanted someone to hear me and tell me that it's ok, your not alone. WOW! The awesome power of stating to someone; you are not alone.

"Keep your lives from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

Well, I obviously didn't kill myself - but anytime I get depressed and overwhelmed satan is right there ready said; "why don't you go ahead an kill yourself it's the only way out of your pathetic life."

Do not listen to that CRAP! God has a plan for you and me.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

HELLO! He has plans for you - satan, your a stupid liar!

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

God can redeem you! God can rescue you!

No comments:

Post a Comment