Sunday, January 3, 2010

It Was Snowing




Every year at my birthday my father would begin the conversation with, "you know 25 years ago today it was snowing". It use to irritate me sometimes when he would say it every year. Well, now I find myself missing it, now that he is gone. He is not hear to say it this year - I miss that.

Isn't it funny how things get on our nerves until they are gone. Like how irritating habits of your spouse drives you crazy and when away you miss them. Or, like when your child takes a trip and you realize how much you miss them getting on your nerves. Or, like when you use to be so tight with the Lord and then one day you realize how much you miss Him getting on your nerves, expecting great things from you.

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'" Matthew 19:14

As parents, what our children does not see in us they will miss when they are older, attempting to seek God's will. For if they do not see it in us, then we are not allowing them to come to Jesus. It's not what we do, it's what we are not doing - loving God with our lives.

My little girl is 11 years old today; and you know - it was snowing 11 years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment