Sunday, December 27, 2009

HOPE




Hope is a word I take for granted.

–noun
1. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best:

–verb
6. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
7. to believe, desire, or trust:

Taking for granted that I will never have to use Hope. Hope is what I would like to see happen. I believe, so it will happen. I trust, in hope that I will never be hurt. I desire and choose my own destiny. I tend to make choices I can control. Then I will not have to rely on hope.

Every addict must make a choice. You choose to let your addiction overcome you; or you overcome your addiction. It's more in my own control if I STATE I will overcome my addition; but in reality I am still choosing to maintain some type of control over my own addition. When in actuality, as a human this is impossible.

So if it is impossible, why bother?

"With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10: 27

2006 was the worse year of my life. My addiction to sin led to my fall from grace, I almost lost my family and then my father died. I lost everything the Lord had placed in me from the beginning to do with my life - and then I lost the only man of God in my life that still loved me no matter what; Good Grief!

"So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man..." 1 Corinthians 10:12-13a

17 years of service in the church on the front lines - GONE!

Well, I wasn't sure if I would ever be restored - still am not sure.

What I do know is that when I left God; He never left me. When I stopped believing; He never stop believing in me. When I thought it is over; He brought me new life. When I said "What the hell!"; He said, not today son.

I have tried to leave the church. I have tried to completely turn my back on God. I have attempted to reject hope - but when I do, He is always sending somebody to restore hope in my life.

Why is hope so important?

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12

I long to serve as I once did. I long to love as once did. I long to seek the lost as I once did. I long to live as I once did. I long to sing as I once did.

An Addict without hope is sick.

To all my fellow addicts, struggling to understand if there is any reason to keep on. There is always HOPE.

A favorite song of mine of the 80's was sung by the group TRUTH, entitled "There Is A Hope". I was not able to download a video but you can listen to the song from the link listed on the side bar. If you take the time - I believe you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment